- In the next part of this infamous character design series, infamous character designer Jason Chan tackles the hero archetype. There's a surprising amount of diversity to this basic character, and the main thrust of this video is to explore how different approaches can work to draw a viewer into a particular game or movie. As Jason paints three different heroes, the diligent viewer will be able to watch and learn from Jason's technique while listening to insightful commentary about the real heart of a making a compelling design.
- Join John Derry, a pioneer in the field of digital painting, as he shows how to master the natural-media painting features introduced in Photoshop CS5 in Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush. This course shows how to use the Mixer Brush, the Bristle Tips feature, and a new mechanism for blending colors in Photoshop to add beautiful, painterly effects to photographs, enhance artwork with paint-like strokes and illustrations, and paint entirely new art from scratch . This course also covers customizing brush characteristics and surface textures, applying keyboard shortcuts to paint smoothly and efficiently, and using a Wacom tablet to get the most out of Photoshop CS5's painting features. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Join John Derry, one of the world's top experts in natural-media digital painting, as he teaches how to quickly get up to speed painting with the new brush enhancements and capabilities in Adobe Photoshop CS6, such as the Mixer Brush tool presets. These features expand the ability of Photoshop to mimic the real world with new erodible tips and airbrushes. The lessons cover adding textures to brushes, working with erodible dry media, and introduces particulate airbrushes and the Brush Projection feature. This course serves as a concise guide to what's new in Photoshop CS6 for digital painting.
- This course was created and produced by John Derry. We are honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- In this lesson, the author demonstrates various techniques exterior image correction in Photoshop. After completing this course, you can easily refine your own images of interiors and exteriors.
- In this course you will learn how to use both Adobe Illustrator and interviews contains a series of questions to create cool fantasy design illustration. You will receive a brief introduction to the interview contains a number of issues and tools that you need to know, and then you will be redirected to the Adobe Illustrator to create the finished illustrations and many tips and tricks lessons learned along the way.
- Many vintage photos were printed on textured, "silk-finish" photographic paper. If you're restoring an old photo, you'll want to remove this texture to get the cleanest, sharpest results.
- In this course, master retoucher Neil Rhodes shows a variety of techniques for removing paper texture, from scanning the photo in multiple angles to using a sophisticated Photoshop plugin called FFT to process photos on Windows.
- In this course, Photoshop senior product manager Bryan O'Neil Hughes takes you on an insider's tour of the key photo-enhancement features in Adobe Photoshop CS6, providing details on how they work, background into their evolution, and insights into how to use them more effectively.
- The course begins with an exploration of Photoshop features that make changes to an entire image: the Crop tool, the Auto button that's present in many adjustment dialog boxes, and the Curves panel options. Next, Bryan explores sharpness and blur. Each has its place in a photograph, and Bryan details how the sharpening and blur features work and how to get the most out of them.
- The course also looks at adjusting specific areas of an image with the Dodge, Burn, and Sponge tools, and at the growing array of content-aware features in Photoshop, showing how they work and what to do when they don't work. The course concludes with a tour of the powerful Liquify filter, features for correcting lens distortion, and the world of presets that allow you to apply settings with a single click.
Skillfeed - Introduction to Digital Painting with Photoshop
Duration: 5hr 48m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1152x720 15&30fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch | 1.4 GB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Learn to create amazing paintings or draw your own comics using nothing more than Photoshop. Learn how to use your new painting skills to touch up photos and images as well. All major painting styles are covered in this course.
Gumroad - Scifi Vehicle Illustration by Jan Urschel
1h 50m | .MP4 | 48kHz, 2 channels, s16, 128 kb/s AVC1, 1920x1080, 2509 kb/s, 25fps | 1.7 GB
Genre: E-learning | Project files
In this tutorial I demonstrate how I got an assignment from ImagineFX magazine and how I executed the idea into a full page illustration of a huge scifi vehicle. The video was recorded when I made the actual illustration but the audio track is newly recorded. You can find the article in ImagineFX #92.
In this Photoshop tutorial, we'll take a look at how we can draw objects using perspective.
Skillfeed - Photoshop CS6 Crash Course
Duration: 4h 5m | Video: AVC 1280x800 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch | 2.60 GB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Go from knowing nothing (or very little) about Photoshop to having an amazing handle on the program in just four hours! By the end you'll know how to manipulate layers, get refined selections, adjust the colors of any part of a photograph, and know how to accomplish just about everything you'll ever need to know when using Photoshop.
Skillfeed - Photoshop - Dark and Dramatic
Duration 1h 26m Project Files Included MP4
Have you ever felt like your portrait was missing something? That it could use a little extra punch? If so, this is the Photoshop Tutorial for you! In this Dark & Dramatic Retouching Tutorial you’ll learn how to add clouds and dramatically alter the sky of your images to bring depth and mood, even if there are objects in the way! This Intermediate Photoshop tutorial covers everything you need to know about coloring and stylizing an image.
Genre: eLearning | Photoshop Action + Brush + Tutorial Images Included
You’ve seen this style of retouching everywhere. Now it’s time you learned how to achieve it YOURSELF! Get bold and send a message with your portrait. This style is perfect for photos of athletes and other high energy subjects. Your image will stand out- in a very good way! And the best part is: If you tone down the effect you can apply these techniques to any portrait to add some style.
Photo Restoration Techniques: Removing Paper Texture
115MB | Duration: 0h 20m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate | Language: English
Many vintage photos were printed on textured, "silk-finish" photographic paper. If you're restoring an old photo, you'll want to remove this texture to get the cleanest, sharpest results.
Photoshop Variables: Game Production Art
465MB | Duration: 1h 05m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15&30fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Advanced | Language: English
Games often require many variations of a single asset, such as cards, tokens, or badges. Using Photoshop variables, designers can speed up and simplify the process of creating these repetitive elements. They can create a single template for their artwork, load all the text and graphics from an external data file, and generate 100s or 1000s of assets at one time. This workflow also allows for adjustments to the design, text, and imagery very late into the process—without impacting the production schedule.
- This is a comprehensive tutorial like PRO Tutorials Two in One. Come to the world-famous collection of food, beverage and product photographer Rob Jimmy, as he takes you through the entire photographic process, then join Aaron in Lightroom and Photoshop, to unite all.
- In this course, veteran instructor and concept artist for video games Matt Kohr teaches you digital painting techniques and workflow tips that will prepare you to work as a concept artists professionally.
- All too often, artists are quick to think of Photoshop as a digital canvas, and approach it from an old paradigm. The problem is that Photoshop plays by some fundamentally different rules. If you adjust your mindset to acknowledge the inherent strengths of the software, you'll be much more prepared to make large-scale changes to the image at a moment's notice - an invaluable skill in the concept art industry.
- Lesa Snider returns to creativeLIVE for an intensive look at the newly released Adobe Photoshop CS6. Whether you've already upgraded or are still deciding, you'll learn practical yet non-destructive editing techniques you can use every day. This 3-day course is a perfect companion to Lesa's previous CS5 class on creativeLIVE. Lesa will go further in-depth into advanced filters such as Puppet Warp, Liquify, and Lighting Effects, which all take advantage of the new processing power of CS6. Lesa will spend a full day covering Photoshop's brand new video features.
- This new retouching tutorial DVD-ROM is deeply focused on THE MAIN TECHNIQUE used in the high end industry world of retouching. Dodging & Burning has been around since the analog age of photography. Although the principles remain the same, tools and the flexibility has been greatly improved since entering the digital age. This DVD will teach you everything you need to know to become a master of this retouching technique. It will teach you how to achieve amazing results with the help of Dodge & Burn elegance, flexibility and realism.
- The DVD is packed with detailed explanations on everything you wanted to know, from what D & B is, how it's used, applications, tools & custom methods to work flow considerations for more effective retouching and more. Your host Krunoslav Stifter will guide you in a one-on-one style beyond the simple use of native dodge and burn tools to more advanced retouching techniques used by some of the best retouchers in the world to achieve that which is nearly impossible with any other tool or filter - perfectly smooth natural looking skin. If you ever wondered how images that grace the covers of top fashion magazines such as Vogue or Elle are retouched, then this is THE DVD you have been looking for.
- Dodge & burn theory and practice are used with a combination of slides and screen videos to provide an easy to follow way of explaining this sometimes poorly understood retouching technique. Most examples used in this video training title are focused on achieving smooth, but natural looking results regarding beauty skin retouching. But the underlying principles and the demonstrated techniques will work on any image in any genre of photography. As always the image files used in the tutorials are included for you to follow along and practice with. You can always rewind, forward, replay and pause any individual video to work at your optimal pace.
- In this Photoshop tutorial we will learn how to process our photography using Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop. Throughout these lessons we will extensively cover the tools and techniques we can use on our raw images to process them into a final product. Along the way we will look at how these tools are utilized to drive more fundamental concepts such as composition and color theory. The tutorial will primarily aim to address any issues that commonly occur with images, then applying our desired look or grade before outputting our final results. By the end of this training you will have a greater understanding of the post production process of raw images and will help inform you about what you should be looking out for next time you wish to take a photograph.